By His Spirit

Good morning, my friend!  Good morning, Father!  

Even before the sun sends a blush of color across the eastern sky, the birds are already offering their morning praise.  I hear the contented sigh of our little dog still asleep in his bed.  There is really so much to be grateful for, and I am.  Yet this morning there is a gnawing inside me over habits that I have been unable to overcome.

“I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.” - Romans 7:15.  

We are not alone in our struggle.  We struggle and strain and vow to do better, only to succeed for a time and then revert to our old ways.  Your Word says in Zephaniah 4:6 - “Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.”  


Father, we can’t do it by ourselves.  We have tried might and power.  We need Your Spirit. Father, I lift my friend.  We bring their disappointments, messes and mistakes - those things that to date have bested them.  We lay them at Your feet, admitting they have tried, but are powerless to conquer any of this on their own.  We recognize You are the only one who can deliver them.  They submit themselves to Your hand.  Deliver them from temptation and remove their weaknesses, Lord.  They can only will themselves to behave differently for a season.  It requires a work of Your Spirit to truly change them, and to break the grip of these things that ensnare them.  They humble themselves before You and ask You to remake them for Your glory.  Remove what is not of You and fill them with Your Spirit.  Do the work, Lord, and help them to not get in Your way!  Thank You for not abandoning them to fend for themselves, but for sending Your Comforter to encourage and equip them.  We give You the glory!  Thank You that they can do all things through Christ who strengthens them!  In Jesus Name ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes