The Hero



Good morning, my friend!  Good morning, Father! 

“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”- Psalm 27:1.  

A couple of weeks ago, I helped to put out a grassfire.  It was caught early, and there was not much of lasting consequence.  I discovered later that a significantly larger fire was closer to home and was actually set on our hill.  It dawned on me yesterday that it was set in my absence, and my disabled parents, who live with us, were home alone and unable to drive.  Grateful tears came to my eyes, realizing all I could have lost, but didn’t. Tragedies happen, but You spare us from so much.  People called me a hero for putting out a tiny fire, but it is You, my Lord, who are the ultimate hero.  You extinguish fire after fire in our lives, most of nwhich we never even know are there.  

Father, I lift my friend.  Reassure them of Your strength, power and supernatural love for them. As they go through the day, remind them to not go out into the world to face it alone, but to invite You as their companion, champion and hero. Bless them with a desire to spend the day in Your presence, with Your light to give them wisdom and Your salvation as their protection and defense.  Who needs a superhero to save the day when they have Almighty God?  Give them wisdom for every choice and light to dispel the darkness.  Save them from danger, poor choices and temptation.  Rescue them from drowning in debt, the pit of discouragement, sickness and pain.  Turn back the hands of time, erasing their sin and failure.  Shadow them under Your wings, providing peace and safety.  And may they find rest in knowing that there is no need to fear when Jesus is near.  

Thank You for being our hero, Lord. Every. Single. Day.  In Jesus Name ❤️


If you have found encouragement, PLEASE pass it along!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes