History - His Story

Good morning, my friend!  Good morning, Father!

“When I was a child, I was speaking like a child, I was thinking like a child, I was reasoning like a child; when I became a man, I did away with the things of the child.” - I Corinthians 13:11.

Father, when I was a child I had hopes and plans about what my life would be like as an adult.  I look back now and see that maybe 20% is as I had planned.  The other 80% is a mishmash of good, hard, wonderful, sad and hopeful. 

“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” - Ephesians 2:10.  We understand that when we die to our old life in baptism, we are raised with Christ to live for You. We have been resurrected, but our old nature wants to hang on to the plans, hopes and dreams of our life before surrendering to You.  Our personal history has become His Story/Your story.  You have a plan for this life that may have elements that we had hoped and planned, but it will follow Your course, for Your purposes.  We are so grateful that Your plan includes grace and redemption!

Father, I lift my friend.  No doubt there are disappointments, where things have not turned out as they had hoped.  Father, I ask that You would comfort them in the grief of releasing what is not within Your masterplan.  I thank You that they do have a future and a hope that are good - that their salvation is not by works, but it came completely by Your work on the cross.  One day when they stand before You, without a question, they will say that it was worth every sacrifice, and so much more.  They will see their reward, and be dumbfounded to realize how little was requested of them in order to receive so much.  Teach them to shift their eyes from the disappointment of the temporary, to the joy of the eternal.

Until That Day, Father, refresh their hope.  Breathe encouragement into their hearts, strengthen their bodies and bring clarity and purpose into their minds.  Re-ignite their passion that they would return to their first love.  Give them provision and joy for this day.  Teach them to fix their eyes on You and their eternal home. And as they live this day in His-Story, give them a glimpse of the glory that is to come.  In Jesus Name ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes