The Mess Maker

Good morning, my friend!  Good morning, Father!

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” - I John 1:9

Lord, I had a bad dream last night.  I don’t remember anything about it other than at the end of the dream I was looking in the mirror and I was filthy.  I was crying and saying, “Lord, I’m a mess!  I’m a mess!”  Your response was, “Sweetheart, you are clean.”

Even now recounting the brief snippet of the dream, tears are rolling down my cheeks.  We get ourselves into messes, we make poor decisions or take matters into our own hands, because You seem to move too slowly.  We make messes of ourselves and then look in the mirror and realize that to clean ourselves up is more than we can do alone.


Father, I lift my friend.  How I thank You that as their Father, You can do for them what they cannot do for themselves.  Praise You for loving them, mess and all, and for washing them clean by the work of Jesus on the cross.  We are so grateful that they don’t have to be perfect, have all the answers or lead an immaculate life.  You look beyond the mess to see their heart.  You know how they are made, and Your heart of love is moved with compassion, and pours out grace and mercy.  We worship and bless You for humbly bowing Your knee to reach down to clean up their messes, for loving your ragamuffin child, seeing beyond their wretchedness and for deeming them precious.  Lord, this morning, when they look in the mirror and only see a mess, by the Blood of the Lamb, give them ears to hear You say, “Sweetheart, you are clean.”  In Jesus Name ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes