What Comes Natural

Good morning, my friend!  Good morning, Father!

“I treasure your word above all else; it keeps me from sinning against you. “ - Psalm 119:11

We went shoe shopping yesterday.  The store sold active wear and both sport and everyday shoes.  They gave us a free glass with their emblem on it, as a free gift with purchase.  I had to laugh. The words on the glass said, “Do what’s natural.”  Well, for me that would be to sit on the couch and watch TV.  Somehow I don’t think that is what they were talking about.

Lord, I fight the temptation to “do what’s natural” every single day. Some days are more successful than others.  Inside of me, left to its own devices, my flesh will always bob to the surface of my heart.  And when temptation arises, I reach down inside myself to try to pull out something that will help me win the battle.  If what is on top is a couple layers of “what’s natural”, chances are I am going to lose that battle.  But if I have been feeding myself with the Word of God, when I reach down inside, something of help has the chance to be on top, and I can win the battle.


Lord, I lift up my friend.  It’s tempting to give in to what’s natural, but that road leads to regret, destruction and death.  Today, bless them with a divine hunger for Your Word.  Bring a verse or a word to mind for them to study.  Teach them to fill and satisfy themselves with Your truths.  Highlight the truths they will need for today’s battles, that they may hide them in their hearts, so they will see victory when temptation or testing comes.  May they NOT do what comes natural, but instead through Christ Jesus who strengthens them, accomplish the supernatural, by holding tightly to the Word of God, and using it to fight the words of the deceiver.  Arouse their hunger, Lord!  In Jesus Name ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes