Embarrassed

Good morning, my friend.  Good morning, Father.

“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.” - Matthew 10:16

Lord, I just had a series of circumstances happen that left me feeling embarrassed due to another person’s mistake.  There is a battle inside me, because my flesh wants to push the embarrassment back on to the person it belongs to.  However, my spirit tells me that this is a test, and my initial gut reaction isn’t the right answer.  I can go with my flesh and then have uncomfortable feelings every time I encounter that person, or I can humble myself, extend kindness and grace and leave a mark for the kingdom.

Father, Jesus carried our shame for us.  He didn’t deserve the penalty and humiliation He endured for our mistakes.  He was wholly innocent, yet didn’t try to push the shame back onto those to whom it belonged.  He took it upon Himself to carry it for us.  You remind me that after He suffered and humbled Himself, that You raised Him, exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the Name that is above every name (Phil 2:9).  Father, I don’t understand what You are doing in my particular circumstance, but I know what You want me to do.  I joyfully choose to die to my flesh and choose obedience, and leave the outcome in Your hands.

Father, I lift my friend.  Soon they will be afforded an opportunity to die to their flesh and respond like Jesus would.  Even in the face of injustice and unfairness, help them to choose the response in keeping with the leading of Your Spirit.  Dying to their flesh can be so painful and seem so unfair, especially when what You ask of them makes no sense to their way of thinking.  As they submit and humble themselves under Your mighty hand, lift them up at the appointed time. (I Peter 5:6).  Father, strengthen them to do the right thing, even if they are the only one that does.  Let them sense Your pleasure as they choose obedience over sacrifice.  Receive their obedience as worship, Father.  You are worthy!  In Jesus Name ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes