When It Rains Look For The Rainbow

WHEN IT RAINS LOOK FOR THE RAINBOW

“He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” – Matthew 5:45

I was running errands this past week in the rain.  While I enjoy the clean air, I will admit that I don’t enjoy road closures due to flooding or damp clothes, because I forgot my umbrella. I was just starting to recount all of the hard things I had endured in recent seasons and on the verge of grumbling, when the Lord interrupted. He reminded me that He hears every word I think — both the spoken and unspoken.  He also reminded me that the rain may not be convenient, but that the water we were being showered with was a blessing from Him to meet our needs in warmer months ahead.  

Those simple thoughts caused me to begin to wonder how many things that I encounter that are hard, frustrating or irritating, are actually designed by God to bring a blessing. In retrospect, I could see so many blessings and tiny miracles that He had brought through my troubles, but I had simply overlooked them.

Just about every miracle in the Bible began with a problem. God allowed the problem, so He could provide a miraculous solution. It might be tempting to think that God allowed trouble in order to provide miracles so He might receive glory, but the truth is that God is not lacking in self esteem. He does not require our adulation or approval to feel better about Himself. He allows problems, so He can solve them in order to build our trust in Him. The greater our ability to trust Him, the more we are able to rest and feel secure. 

The longer I know Him, the more I see how poorly I have understood the Lord’s intentions. So many times I have, in foolish error, ascribed the same selfish motivations to God that reside within me. I’ve come to realize that trouble comes, not to torment me, but to prompt me to step off of the throne of my life and run to Him so He can lift the burden — the burden He never intended for me to carry.  With the weight off of my shoulders, I am able to rest. He allows trouble to provide me with an opportunity to strengthen my faith and know the true rest that evades those who do not know Him. 

We live in a fallen world. Hard things happen to us all. Welcome troubles as friends, dear one (James 1:2). Troubles, both great and small, hold the seeds of miracles and an invitation to grow in your capacity to know peace. Trouble is an open door through which miracles walk in.

Heavenly Father, I lift the dear one reading this. Our nature is to trust what we can see with our eyes. So we trust in people and things other than You. We ask for new eyes with which to see our troubles and for a gift of faith to trust in what we cannot see. We know that without faith it is impossible to please You (Heb 11:6). So Lord, we ask for healing for our faith that has been broken by our lack of understanding and disappointment. Forgive us for misjudging You, overlooking Your blessings and for only seeing the negative side of a two-sided coin. Be the resurrector of our god-breathed hopes and dreams.  Instill Your perfect will within our hearts, so we can desire what You desire (Ps 37:4). And revive our faith to not only ask and believe for miracles, but to also trust You enough to bow to Your sovereignty.  In Jesus Name ❤️

Dear friend, God allows troubles in our lives as a way to usher in blessing. His reasons are devoid of selfish motivations. He will walk with You, teach you and help you. He is still a God of the miraculous. For whatever troubles are at your door today, His help is there for the asking. So, ask Him and keep your eyes open for miracles!💡

If you have been encouraged or challenged, please repost and further His kingdom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes