Sweetheart, You Are Clean

SWEETHEART, YOU ARE CLEAN

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” - I John 1:9

I had a bad dream last night.  I don’t remember anything about it other than at the end of the dream I was looking in the mirror and I saw that I was filthy.  I was crying and saying, “Lord, I’m a mess!  I’m a mess!”  The Lord’s response was, “Sweetheart, you are clean.”

Even now recounting the brief snippet of the dream, tears are rolling down my cheeks.  We get ourselves into messes, we make poor decisions or take matters into our own hands, because the Lord seems to move too slowly.  We make messes of ourselves and our lives, and then look in the mirror and realize that to clean ourselves up is more than we can manage.

Father, we thank You that as our Father, You can do for us what we cannot do for ourselves.  Praise You for loving us, mess and all, and for washing us clean by the work of Jesus on the cross.  We are so grateful that we don’t have to be perfect, have all the answers or lead an immaculate life.  You look beyond the mess to see our heart.

You know how we are made, and Your heart of love is moved with compassion, and pours out grace and mercy.  We worship and bless You for humbly bowing Your knee to reach down to clean up our messes, for loving your little ragamuffin children, seeing beyond our wretchedness and for deeming us precious.

Lord, this morning, when we look in the mirror and only see a mess, remind us about the work of the cross.  And give us faith to believe and ears to hear You say, “Sweetheart, you are clean.”  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

If you have been encouraged or challenged, please SHARE!
https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes