Making Mud

MAKING MUD

By:  Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

Years ago, there was a man who owned a barbershop near my office. One day, while walking past him on my way to the store, the Lord told me to pray for him. I bristled at the thought. We didn’t know each other.  Certainly he would think I was a nut.

I struggled and argued with the Lord as I wandered around the parking lot, but I finally relented and obeyed.

The man looked shocked at my request, but he agreed.  So, I took his hands—right there in front of God and everybody—and I prayed, said, “Amen” and went on my way.

I never thought much about it until 8 YEARS later, when a friend told me that I had once prayed for his best friend, the barber.  On the day I prayed for him, he had been crying out to God, searching for answers and was considering suicide.  He had been trapped in addiction and life felt hopeless.

When I prayed, the Holy Spirit spoke to him.  He had a salvation encounter with Jesus, and he was instantly delivered from addiction. Within a couple of weeks he closed his business, received training, and had since been ministering as an addiction counselor.  He now prays for others as I had prayed for him.

Today the Lord reminded me about when Jesus made mud to apply to a blind man’s eyes. No doubt it looked crazy at the time, but Jesus, being more concerned with obedience than comfort, obeyed and the man was healed.

Jesus had to be willing to look foolish in order to unleash a miracle. Sometimes we do, too.  I want a heart that is willing.

How about you?

“Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.” – John‬ ‭14:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord, change our hearts to be willing to obey beyond the boundaries of our agenda and comfort, for your glory.  And make us courageous, wise and bold, so we will accept the invitation to partner with You in miracles.  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

Beloved, the Lord is still in the business of miracles. Sometimes a miracle lies on the other side of our obedience.  Don’t miss it!

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes