The Rewards of The Climb


THE REWARDS OF THE CLIMB

By:  Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

“I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born, says the Lord” - Isaiah 66:9 NCV

Have you ever climbed a mountain?  I haven’t, but I have friends who think about climbing like going to Disneyland.  No doubt the scenery is spectacular, but because I am out of shape, the exertion sounds exhausting to me.

My climbing friends endure regular gym workouts by keeping the joy of these trips in mind.  They say that workouts were initially brutal, but with time, their strength and endurance increased, making exercise easier, even enjoyable.

So it is with life.  This season has been a serious exercise of my faith.  It has been tiring, but I am grateful for the strength and endurance previous workouts of my faith have given me.  Walking with God has provided new perspective of the valleys below, and breathless revelations of beauty I would have never known, had I not started on this journey.

Are you tired and discouraged, Beloved?  When we are weary the Lord gives us times of refreshing, and He carries us over many of the more difficult passes. Let’s bring our weariness before Him and let Him soothe our aching souls.

Father, lift us up!  You are our “rock, our fortress and our deliverer; our God is our rock, in whom we take refuge, our shield and the horn of our salvation, our stronghold.” (Psalm 18:2)

Teach us to “clip” in to the truths of the Word to keep us securely tethered to the Rock. As we read, may Your Word come alive, strengthen our grip and rivet our focus on You.  Tune our ears to Your voice of comfort and encouragement, and strengthen our legs to keep going.  Thank You that the pain of this exercise has a purpose, building strength, endurance and giving birth to new joys.  

Lord, lead us.  Take our hand and keep us from falling (Jude 1:24).  Provide rest and cool drinks of Your living water (Rev 21:6).  And may our eyes enjoy wonders we would have missed, had we remained in the valley below. In Jesus’ Name ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes