Worship Through Weakness

 

WORSHIP THROUGH WEAKNESS

By: Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

I was struggling and praying while on the treadmill this morning.  For eighteen months I have been hoarse from medication that I take for asthma.  As a worship leader, it grieved me that the gift that had brought me such joy, had been taken away.  I missed worshipping Him.  So, I cried out to the Lord, asking Him to return my voice.

His response was swift, “Until now you have worshipped me from your strength. Now I want you to worship me from your weakness.”

Just then I was finishing a hard workout when it dawned on me, that as I struggled with my weakness on the treadmill, doing something I disliked, He received the denial of my flesh as worship, because I had done it to honor Him in my body.  And earlier, when I had encountered someone difficult, He had received my held tongue and kind response as worship, too. 

In our strength, the glory we offer is constrained by our ability.  But in our weakness, His power rests upon us, and the glory He receives far exceeds our limitations. 

Paul said, “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.” – Romans 12:1 NIV

Beloved, it isn’t just our feel-good worship He desires. We delight Him every time we sacrifice our will for His.  Our obedience is the highest worship.  It is in our pain, humility and struggle, that we take up our cross and follow Him (Luke 9:23).  And as we glorify Him through it, we, in turn, are strengthened and lifted up (James 4:10).  What a wonder, that even in our sacrifice, it is we who are ultimately rewarded.

Father, Your grace is all we need. Your power works best in our weakness.  So, may we gladly boast about our weaknesses, so that Christ’s power can work through us (2 Cor 12:9).  In Jesus’ Name  ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes