Full Sail Ahead!

Good morning, my friend!  Good morning, Father!

“Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.” - I Thessalonians 5:11

It has been a challenging couple of weeks, with extra stress and unexpected struggle.  My eyes opened this morning with a tinge of dread at what the day might hold. I had felt I was on a flat sea, adrift.  Apart from a breeze from Heaven, I felt stranded until something changed. I clicked on my cell phone and I saw a single sentence that changed my day.  The message was from someone I did’t even know, but their encouraging words put wind in the sails of my heart.

Father, words can be so powerful.  They aren’t anything we can necessarily touch with our hands, but they are a force for creation.  You spoke everything there is into being with mere words.  Made in Your image, we have been given a gift to create with our words, too.  “With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.” - James 3:9-10.  Help us to speak blessings to both You and our fellow man, that we would be a creative force for good and not for destruction.


Father, I lift my friend.  Your Word says, “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.” - Proverbs 25:11  May their words today be as precious gifts, bestowing encouragement, strength, wisdom and insight.  Give them words to renew hope for those whose hope has been lost.  Endow their lips with an abundance of kindness, and words full of faith, compassion and mercy.  Bless their speech today with the wind of Your Spirit, that the limp sails of fellow warriors might be filled to be propelled forward again.  And send words of blessing to fill their sails as well.  I bless you, Lord.  And I pray blessings and goodness over my fellow warrior.  Holy Spirit, fill their sails!  In Jesus Name ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes