Hungry

Good morning, my friend!  Good morning, Father!

“Jesus answered, "Scripture says, 'A person cannot live on bread alone but on every word that God speaks.'"” - Matthew 4:4

When I fast from food, about mid-morning my stomach starts to growl and my head begins a parade of tasty images in an attempt to coerce me to eat.  When my phone has been broken, it disappoints me how often I think about it.  We develop hungers in our lives, and those hungers drive us to feed whichever belly is gnawing with emptiness.

Jesus equated time in the Word and Your presence with feeding His body.  He hungered for You.  Without feeding that hunger, He knew His spirit would have become weak, frail and vulnerable to sin.  I think how often I have gone without regularly feeding my spirit.  Lord, how well fed does my spirit look today?


Father, I lift my friend.  I ask that You would bless them with a divine hunger.  May regular time in Your presence and Word be as essential and integral to their day as eating and even breathing - not out of obligation, but desire.  May they no sooner think about passing up regular time in the Word than they would forget to eat for a month, abandon checking their messages or give up ever having another cup of coffee.  As the harvest is approaching, may they choose to fast the bellies that do not serve them, and that distract them from what is important.  Whet their appetites, so they desire to feed their spirits.  Bless them with holy hunger, Lord!  I pray that every bite of Your Word would be deeply satisfying, and that it develops a hunger and taste for more.  Fill them with more of You, Lord, that their carnal nature would be scrawny and their spirit robust!  In Jesus Name ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes