Luigi

Good morning, my friend!  Good morning, Father!  

“Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” - John 14:21. “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. “ - Psalm 91:14

Father, I learn things about myself from our little dog, Luigi.  He is eager to please and smart as a whip, but there is a streak of rebellion in him that is unfortunately like looking in the mirror.  I love him so much, that I would walk through broken glass to save or protect him.  When he sees me, most of the time he obeys and receives a reward.  When I am out of sight, he believes my command to “wait” can be ignored.  I want him to obey all of the time, so I can know that he will be safe when I detect danger.  I also want to be able to reward him, which I can’t do when he is disobedient.

I see that streak in me, too, Lord.  I am eager to please, but somehow think I know better than You.  I hear You give me instructions, and I obey, but as time passes and I don’t sense You close by, my mind and will start to wander.  Obedience becomes tentative testing and finally rebellion.

Father, I thank You that You are a wonderful Father that wants to both protect and reward us.  I lift my friend before You.  Help their love for you to grow enough that when You give a command, that they will faithfully obey as long as it takes - through wind, rain, heat and darkness.  Help them to wait until You release them.  Your eyes see dangers they cannot perceive, and You delight in being able to reward them.  Thank you for Your lovingkindness and patience when they are disobedient and stray.  May their love for You translate to faithful obedience, so they will be safe and rewarded both here and in heaven.  In Jesus Name ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes