On Being Angry

CONFESSION:
Good morning, my friend!  Good morning, Father!

“People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness.”
Proverbs 14:29 

Father, recently there have been a couple of situations where I have become very angry, very quickly.  My anger initially was based on an injustice and harm that I was trying to prevent.  Originally, it was righteous anger.  However, I allowed myself to become overly angry, and I lashed out in a way that was just plain wrong.  My heart changed from righteous anger due to love, to sin anger that wanted to punish. Father, forgive me for my foolish heart and lack of self control.

“If angry, beware of sinning. Let not your irritation last until the sun goes down;” - Ephesians 4:26.  Jesus had a very long fuse and never sinned, yet He occasionally became angry.  He turned over the merchants’ tables in the temple in righteous anger over sin.  The difference is that Jesus remained in control of His anger.  It never controlled Him.


Lord, I lift up both my friend and myself.  Grow the fruit of the Spirit of self control in us.  Help us to be wise and slow to anger.  When we see injustice or evil, show us when righteous anger is at the threshold of stepping into sin.  Then strengthen us to step back.  We want no part of it.  Help us to remain pure at heart and in actions.  Help us to be both quick to forgive, and to ask for forgiveness.  May Your strength in this area be perfected in our weakness.  We submit ourselves to You and ask for supernatural self control, so we can stand against sin without partaking in it.  So that we might be angry, and sin not, teach us to not be angry at anything, but sin.  In Jesus Name ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes