On Loan From Heaven

Good morning, my friend!  Good morning, Father!

“Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear.” - 1 Peter 1:17

Many years ago I worked for a large company.  With the cliques and drama, it was work to not allow myself to get sucked into the gossip, or buckle under the pressure of what often felt like a battlefield.  It is interesting how things changed the day I decided I was going to go back to school.  Suddenly, the same things were going on around me, but I felt insulated from being drawn into the vortex.  I still took deadlines seriously, but they didn’t stress me as they had in the past.  I continued to work for several months, and gave them my best, but I had emotionally already cut the ties with the stress and drama.  I didn’t belong there, because that job wasn’t my destiny or home.  Knowing my home was elsewhere gave me new perspective that insulated me from so much that previously would have weighed me down.

Lord, the truth is that as Your children, this Earth is not our home.  We are foreigners here with an assignment.  When we finish the assignment, we get to go home.  “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;” - Philippians 3:20.  So, “Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.” - I Peter 2:11.  


Father, I lift up my friend.  This Earth is not their home.  Help them to remember where their true home is, and that it makes complete sense that sometimes they feel like they don’t fit in here.  Help them to work diligently, remembering that, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” - Colossians 3:23-24.  Help them to not hold expectations for commendation from man, but to look to You for encouragement and provision.  May they sense Your pleasure as they do.  Strengthen them to not be seduced into drama, grumbling or gossip, but to live honorably, because they are on loan from Heaven, they have a higher mission, and they serve and answer to the Father.  So, today may they feel relief from pressure as they celebrate their higher calling, remember their true citizenship and do their best work as unto the Lord.  In Jesus Name ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes