Shifting Sand

SHIFTING SAND

“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:” – Philippians 2:5

I have a tiny migraine this morning.  There is no pain, but my vision is skewed.  When I look, there are things missing from my field of vision that I know are in reality there, while there are other things that I see that absolutely don’t exist.  Just a tiny shift, and my vision has become unreliable.  While I am thankful that my migraines pass quickly, I am also grateful for the reminder they bring me that I can’t rely on what I see or feel.  Feelings lie.

Emotions, fear and anxiety cause me to see dangers and trouble that are either non-existent or, at minimum, greatly exaggerated.  At the same time, I can neither see how God is working things out, nor can I perceive His help, even though He is surely there.

The truth is that no matter what we feel, He remains eternally good. We can rest in His love and faithfulness, knowing that they never waver.  And regardless of our circumstances and what we perceive with our senses, He is working things out for our good.

Father, together with my friend reading this, we thank You that You use the difficult things in this life to create something of beauty within us when we respond in faith.  Lord, once again, help them to take our thoughts captive.  Where we are in fear, anxiety and in our distress have we have created a false reality, help us to remember Your promises.  Help us to focus on Your eternal truths.

When our minds rehearse fear over finances, remind us that You will provide all of our needs according to Your riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19).

When we feel lonely, remind us that You say, “I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.” - Hebrews 13:5b.

When we are fearful about our health, show us the steadfastness and strength of Isaiah 41:10, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

When we need guidance, bring to mind, “Thus says the Lord, who makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters, who brings forth chariot and horse, army and warrior; they lie down, they cannot rise, they are extinguished, quenched like a wick: “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” - Isaiah 43:16-19.

Help us to throw the entire weight of our trust into Your capable hands.  Grow our faith, Lord!  Do a new thing.  Strengthen us to focus on You instead of our circumstances — to rely on what is eternally secure, instead of what is endlessly changing and unreliable.  Hold our hand as we step away from the shifting sands of our feelings to stand firm on truth.

Be glorified in our choice to believe, and help us in our unbelief, Lord (Mark 9:24).  We ask for the mind of Christ, with an expanded capacity to not only ask for, but to believe for, the miraculous.  In Jesus Name ❤️

Dear friend, if you have ever taken a walk on a beach covered in dry sand, you know the extra effort it requires to stand, let alone walk, on a surface that continually moves under your feet.  It can be exhausting!  So it is when we rely on our ever-changing five senses to determine how we will feel and respond to life’s circumstances. Why not ask the Father to help you to step away from a shifting foundation of emotion to stand on the solid foundation of truth? 💡

If you have been encouraged or challenged, please repost and further His kingdom!  Then come, follow and be refreshed at:  https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes