A Revolutionary Shift

A REVOLUTIONARY SHIFT

“Because he has focused his love on me, I will deliver him. I will protect him because he knows my name. When he calls out to me, I will answer him. I will be with him in his distress. I will deliver him, and I will honor him.” - Psalm 91:14-15 ISV

The holidays can be so busy.  I love this season, but with all of the “extras,” by the time the last ornament is tucked away, I can feel wiped out.

That is when I start looking around and realize that, while the tree may have been beautiful and Christmas dinner delicious, somehow in the busyness, my priorities got out of whack.  Does this ever happen to you?

I look in the mirror and see that along with my credit card bill, my waistline has expanded.  And I’m exhausted and grumpy, because after six weeks of running around and eating holiday foods, I desperately need a nap and a break from indulgence.

I have spent moments with the Lord in this season.  But like the difference between going through a drive-thru versus fine dining, my quiet time with the Lord has been more of the fast food variety.  My spirit has been on a diet and my body has been on an intermittent binge.  No wonder I feel like a mess.

Life can be like that.  Urgent matters, passions and troubles shout, demanding our attention. Then when our eyes shift away from the Lord, trouble ensues, and our decisions and attitude can suffer.

We drop the ball on the crucial to become hyper-focused on the unimportant, and our limited resources are squandered on frivolousness.  Unchecked, we can end up feeling physically and spiritually sick.

It is time for me to realign my focus and rearrange my priorities.  How about you?

Father, in our distraction, our focus becomes fine tuned to every detail of our trouble or treasure, but we lose sight of You and what is truly important.

Our world begins to revolve around people and things that should never hold that level of gravity in our lives.  We need help to return You to Your rightful place at the center of our lives.  May everything else in our life revolve around You, and anything that is not of You fall away.

In Your mercy, will You help us to clean up the messes we have made, so we won’t stumble on their clutter in the season ahead?  We want to finish this year well.  Grant us wisdom to not drag the refuse of a foolish past into a future You have blessed with hope.

We reach out to take hold of Your hand.  We ask for a revolutionary shift in our thinking, so we will cross the threshold of a new year with clear thoughts, clean hearts, realigned priorities and a sharp focus on You.  In Jesus’ Name ❤️ https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes