Surrounded

SURROUNDED

By:  Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

“One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple” - Psalm 27:4

For several months we have been researching which car we should buy when my current car eventually dies.  We don’t want to wait until the last minute, and then end up regretting a purchase made in haste.  So, the decision has been simmering in the back of our minds.

It’s interesting, but each time we have seriously considered a particular car, we begin to see that make and model everywhere.  It is almost as if every tenth car we see is the model we are thinking about.

It isn’t a “sign,” but rather evidence, that our subconscious minds are dutifully working in the background, drawing our attention to what we are focusing on, while causing other things to fade from view.

I am learning how critical it is to be selective about what captures my attention, because both good or bad, what I focus on will eventually be what I feel surrounded by.  When I focus on my blessings, all around me I will see God’s goodness; when I focus on my pain and lack, my companion will be misery.

What are you focusing on today?  What do you want to feel surrounded by?

Lord, we can become stuck on sad, angry and fearful thoughts. And with that focus, the negative can eventually become all we are able to see.

Open our eyes to see You are love, joy, and peace—our healer, defender and friend.  You are the Father to the fatherless and the lover of our souls. Teach us to seek the treasure of Your heart and Your face, not just what is held in Your hands.

Father, we shift our focus from what feeds our fear to what feeds our faith.  Lord, we seek You.  And as we do, may we find You and find that we are surrounded by You and our blessings.  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes