Making The Cut

MAKING THE CUT

Growing up, I was never anyone’s first choice when picking teams for sports.  Usually I was picked next to last, because while I was a pitiful athlete, they thought I was funny and smart, and didn’t want me to feel bad.  Let’s call it a “pity pick.”

Team captains would begin picking teams, and I’d want to hide until the humiliation was over.  This chubby kid who was absent on the day they passed out eye-hand coordination, would finally breathe a sigh of relief once the focus shifted, and we were running out on the field to start the game.

Most of us have gone through something similar—whether we were picked last for a sports team, project at work or at a dance.  There is an uneasiness in the process, and we fear being passed over.

It has been a long time since I was in school.  But seeing children playing football this morning, I suddenly remembered that familiar twinge of pain in my heart. And before I could even take my next breath, the Lord spoke to my heart.  He said, “I chose you.”

Hot tears came streaming down my cheeks.  The One who made me and intimately knows all of my faults, weaknesses and disabilities, chose me.  He chose ME, knowing full well every sin I will commit from my first breath to my last.

“Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.” – Ephesians 1:4 NLT

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last--and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.” – John 15:16 NIV

In compassion, He took our shame, embarrassment and rejection on Himself, so we could know the joy of belonging, being wanted and CHOSEN.

Beloved, He chose you, too.  Your mistakes do not disqualify you from being wanted and used by the Father.  You’ve been selected to play first string. He will give you times to rest, but He wants you in for the full game.

He has a position selected specifically for you, that takes all of your weaknesses into account.  He will use them for His glory (2 Cor 12:8), if you will just suit up and get in the game.

Is this message for you today?  Is it time to  dust yourself off and get up off of the bench and back in the game?

Father, how wonderful to be chosen by You!  We were neither passed over nor a pity pick.  Before we were born, You chose us, and we have a role to play in Your plan.  Strengthen us to rise from the bench, go out and boldly give it our all today. And may we find courage and delight, knowing we were chosen for the winning team!  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

If you have been encouraged or challenged, please SHARE! ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes