Set Apart


SET APART

By:  Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

“But when Jesus heard this, He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.” - Matthew 9:12

Are you in a mandated stay at home period?  We are coming to the end of week two.  So far no one in our household appears to be infected, but then again, there is that sneaky incubation period during which we feel fine, but any manner of viral growth might be underway.  

This morning I began to wonder how many things of an unhealthy moral or spiritual nature that I might be exposed to on a regular basis.  While I may see no immediate evidence of infection, I might later recognize that my encounter did not leave me unaffected, and some malevolent force had been secretly growing inside me.

Watching those playing on the beach in Florida, while wiser folks were staying home, I wonder if I have been cavalier in what I have exposed myself to, because I felt immune to the danger.  We can be wise in some ways, yet foolhardy in so many others. It requires a measure of maturity and wisdom to perceive danger and respond appropriately.  I don’t want to be a victim of my own foolishness.  How about you?

Great Physician, we need Your wisdom.  You call us to be set apart—to be Holy.  Sometimes it feels lonely to to separate ourselves from others, and to live by standards different than those of the crowd.  Spirit, caution us when we in the presence of spiritual sickness, so we will choose another path and wash our hands of unrighteousness.  Comfort us with the companionship of Your Spirit.  Help us to love Your more than we love the world.

Father, thank You that whether our sickness is physical, spiritual, mental or emotional, with compassion and love You bid us to come to be healed and forgiven.  Lord, we come before You.  Heal us, Lord!  And may we learn the protection and blessing of a life that is divinely set apart.  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes