Contributing To World Peace

CONTRIBUTING TO WORLD PEACE

By:  Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

Not too long ago I had an interesting chat with the Lord.  I had gone to the grocery store to pick up my parent's groceries.  As I came out of the door, I could see that the woman parked next to me was struggling to put her walker into her car.  I decided to help her, but before I could get to her, another woman trotted over, and asked her if she could give her a hand.

The second woman cheerfully folded up the walker, and said she used to help her mom with things like that, and had loved doing it.  Right about then, I was putting my groceries into my trunk, and I said to the second woman, "That was so thoughtful of you!  What a sweetheart you are!"

She thanked me and smiled.  I could see on her face that my words meant something to her.  As she walked away, I heard her whisper to herself, "I'm a sweetheart."  I finished loading the car and got in to drive away, and the Lord asked me, "How much did saying those words cost you?"  I replied, "Nothing."  Then He said, "When she goes home, is she more or less likely to have a fight with her husband?"  I said, "Less."  Then He said, "Your words contributed to world peace."

“The tongue has the power of life and death,“ – Proverbs 18:21 NIV

Father, all around us are people who are struggling.  Many are gripped by fear, while others are grieving the loss of peace, their income or a loved one.  In this season of anxiety and fear, may Your Spirit within us rise up to give us wise counsel.  Give us hearts that are tender to the invisible struggles of our neighbors.  Help us to respond in love, always.  Teach us to bless and not curse (Romans 12:24)—to have the same compassion for those who are like us, as those who are not.  Lord, bless our words to create peace in a time of great trouble.  And in everything we say and do, may we always point them to Jesus.  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes