Every Breath

EVERY BREATH

By:  Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

A few days ago we were on our way to the emergency room. My husband drove as I reminded him where our important documents were.  I wasn’t sure that I would be returning home.

My asthma had taken a bad turn.  Between my own heavy breathing and the noises of a busy emergency room, the earworm I could tell had been playing in my head since the attack began, was pushed aside.  Once we returned home, I could finally hear the song in my head.  The Father had been singing over me the entire time. The words were from a song by “The Police”:

*“Every breath you take
And every move you make
Every bond you break,
Every step you take,
I'll be watching you”

My Father was with me and watching over me.  He sang over me in my distress.  He saw my choice to trust Him in spite of my fear, and faith broke a bond of fear that had held me back.  When God speaks it is a powerful thing.

In Genesis 1:26 God spoke mankind into being. He didn’t need a magic wand or to begin with special ingredients.  All of creation came from His beautiful imagination.  His words brought all creation into being from nothingness.  His words are pregnant with creation, and they never return void.

“The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”- Zephaniah 3:17 NASB

In your distress, the Father be singing over you, too, beloved.  Silence the torrent of noise.  Get alone with Him.  Let Him sing comfort, rest and healing into your desperation—let Him create hope in your hopelessness.

Good Father, You walk with us in both good times and bad. Give us ears to hear You singing over us today.  May the mere sound of your voice break bonds, and create peace in our turmoil, faith in our fear and hope in our despair.  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

*”Every Breath You Take” by The Police

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes