Inconvenient Miracles

INCONVENIENT MIRACLES

“Now when the sun was setting, all those who had any who were sick with various diseases brought them to him, and he laid his hands on every one of them and healed them.” – Luke 4:40

The Lord once gave me an assignment to page through scripture, paying close attention to how many times Jesus was interrupted in ministry. He was interrupted a lot!

What I realized in the process, was that those annoying interruptions were not pointless encounters, but opportunities for everyday people, like you and me, to cross paths with the divine and receive a miracle.

Years ago, a friend’s husband became gravely ill.  I desperately wanted to lay hands on him and pray for him, but I had no way to contact them.  So I asked the Lord for an opportunity to lay hands on his wife and pray for him through her.

The following day, I was running errands, and I found myself repeatedly making wrong turns.  Three times I ended up on the freeway, on a route that should not have involved the freeway at all.  By the time I got to my destination, I was irritated.

But as I parked my car and was walking toward the building, I watched a miracle unfold.  Like a beautifully choreographed dance, I approached the door as the wife of my sick friend came out and a mutual friend of ours appeared to my right.

Right there, I put my hands on her and we all prayed for her husband, and then went our separate ways.  My friend’s husband fully recovered and I was left with a powerful lesson.  It took a delay, and multiple times being sidetracked, for me to be on time to see my prayer answered.

Delays and postponements can be answers to prayer.

Beloved, could your interruption be an answer to prayer, or a sign that a miracle is on its way?

Father, give us fresh eyes to see delays and interruptions as your hand of blessing slowing us, so we don’t miss our divine appointments. Thank You for Your faithfulness, and for Your meticulous care, lovingly tucked into inconvenient miracles.  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes