It Is Finished

IT IS FINISHED

By:  Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

How old were you when you came to Jesus?  I was three, but I was insecure about my salvation for several years.  When I would sin, I would question all over again if I was saved and if God would forgive me.

My mom gave me wise counsel.  She said, “Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He lived a sinless life and died for your sins?  Are you truly sorry for what you have done?  Do you want to be forgiven?”

She continued, “If you are sure you mean it, go in your room, close the door and pray, ‘Father, I am sorry for what I have done.  I believe Jesus died to forgive all of my sins.  Please forgive me.  Wash me clean.  Come into my heart.  Be my Lord and Savior.  Change me.  In Jesus’ Name.’  Then get your Bible and write the date inside the front cover.  Any time the enemy whispers doubt about your salvation, show him that date as proof that you meant it.”

I have not doubted since.

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” – Ephesians‬ ‭2:8-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

On the cross, Jesus said, “It is finished.” – John 19:30  He completed everything required to secure our salvation.  EVERYTHING.  We only need to accept His gift.

Beloved, are you fearful about your salvation?  Those are whispers of the enemy.  Let’s silence him!

Go into your room, close the door and pray my momma’s prayer.  Then write today’s date in your Bible.  You can point to that date any time the enemy whispers. Be baptized as a testimony of your decision.  If you prayed the prayer and meant it, you were forgiven.  There is no sin so great that God cannot forgive it, when we ask.

Father, thank You for the Blood of Jesus that covers EVERY sin.  Help us to walk in the security and peace that come when we truly accept that when Jesus said, “It is finished,” He meant it.  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes