The Secret of Peace

THE SECRET OF PEACE

By:  Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

His name was Alex, and the mere glimpse of his name in my daily schedule could bring a smile to my face.  Opening the door to my office, it was as if he were letting in sunshine itself.  His bright smile, exuberant laugh and kindness would fill the room.  Alex lived in the neighborhood, and I would often see him walking past my window with his guide dog, Buddy.

Alex amazed me.  I would be terrified to walk half a block blindfolded. I asked him once how he could be so confident and joyful on his long, daily walks, while unable to see.   He reached his hand to touch his companion, “I know Buddy.  I’ve learned to completely trust him.  He brings me peace.”

We all go through life visually impaired.  What little we do see of our circumstances is seen unclearly and often misunderstood.  And our short-sightedness and lack of understanding can cause us to draw false conclusions, about our circumstances and even God Himself.

“For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” – 1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

One day we will stand before God and our faith will be made sight.  Until then we can know peace in constant companionship with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

But no amount of head knowledge can provide the resilient peace that comes with the heart knowledge of intimate relationship.  Peace comes with knowing the person of the Holy Spirit—His character, nature and faithfulness, and investing our complete trust in His leading.

Father, we come with blind eyes in need of a guide.  Holy Spirit, reveal Yourself.  We want to know You as we are intimately known. Make us sensitive to Your leading, with ears attentive to Your whispers.  Teach us to move as You move—in step and as one with the God who dances over us.  And may we find peace, when we come to know who You are.  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes