Hero

HERO

By:  Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:1 KJV

Have you ever been called a hero?  Two years ago I helped to put out a grassfire set by arson.  Thankfully, I happened upon the fire very quickly after it was started.  With the help for others who came to my assistance, we were able to put it out in just a few minutes, leaving only a small, burnt patch of grass.

It was just a tiny fire, but I discovered that a significantly larger fire had been set at the base of our hill.  It blazed while I was putting out the fire for my neighbor.   The larger fire was set in my absence, leaving my disabled parents home alone and unable to drive.  I could have lost so much that day, but didn’t. Tragedies happen, but God spares us from so much.

People called me a hero for putting out that little fire that day, but it is God who is the true hero.  He extinguishes fire after fire in our lives every day —most of which we never even know are burning.  He extinguishes fiery darts and the invisible attacks of the enemy who is bent on our destruction.

Beloved, do you feel vulnerable and alone?  Don’t be afraid!  And don’t let the fact He is unseen blind you to the truth.  The darkness is no match for our all-powerful God. The Lord is with You, and His mighty right hand is there to save you.

Father, thank You for having our backs—for protecting us from both what is seen and unseen. We may be caught by surprise, but You already have a plan.  Thank You that we never walk alone.  You are our constant companion, wise counselor and powerful protector.  May we walk in peace today, remembering that with every step You go before us, walk beside us and are our rear guard. We have no need to fear.  Lord, thank You for being our hero.  Every. Single. Day.  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes