Name Dropper

NAME DROPPER

By: Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

Have you ever met anyone famous? I have a friend who tends to be a "name dropper"—someone who likes to tell you about all of the important or wealthy people they know. That sort of thing generally doesn’t impress me, but the conversation started me thinking.

"Who do I know?"

I’ve had a split-second handshake with Senator Bob Dole, and President Reagan once waved at me from his limousine.  Our lives brushed by one another, leaving minimal impact on my life, and dare I say, NO impact on theirs.

Thought shifted, and I began to wonder:

Who knows ME?

Who values me and remembers MY name?

The Lord!  The creator of the universe—the Name above all names.  He knows me!  His love is engraved on the palm of His hand, and He has written my name in His book.‬‬

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;” – Jeremiah‬ ‭1:5a‬ ‭NIV

These words spoken to Jeremiah are also true of you.  No matter what you think, you were not a mistake.  He knew you BEFORE you were conceived. You were HIS idea.  HE knows YOUR name, and He set you apart as His own.

In your mother’s womb He selected your eyes and fashioned your nose.  He formed the gentle bow of your lips and painted your freckles, one by one.  He even numbered the hairs of your head.

Beloved, you may feel invisible today, but the truth is that He sees you and watches over you every moment of every day.  Like us, He never wants to lose sight of what He holds as precious.

Knowing everything about you, He traveled across time and space; He sacrificed Himself to make you his own.  He goes to great lengths when He is in love. How breathtaking to be known, loved and pursued by God.

Whatever you are going through, I pray you will take hold of His love and let it fill you.  And I pray you see yourself through His eyes.

Dear Father, how lovely it is to be known and loved by You!  In Jesus’ Name. ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes