An Invitation For Those Who Wait

AN INVITATION FOR THOSE WHO WAIT

By:  Julie Souza Bradley Lilly

"But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles. They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind." - Isaiah 40:31 MSG

I don't know how many times I have read this verse over the years, but each time I have always looked at it the same way.  I imagine a poor soul at the DMV, drumming their fingers, WAITING to hear the words, "Now serving G-17 at window number nine."

Today I see it in a fresh light.  The Word of God is like a precious jewel.  Each facet reveals a different aspect of His beauty, character and nature.  Today as I was considering this verse, I saw a new facet of truth.

I read, “Those who WAIT UPON the Lord...“  “WAIT UPON.”  Hmm.  I used to work in the restaurant industry.  When I waited on someone I wasn’t just biding my time until something happened, I was SERVING them!  It was a lightbulb moment.  A time of waiting upon God isn’t a time to just sit idly by.  It is a call to serve Him and be lifted up!

What He was saying to me was, "Come into the secret place.  Drink in my beauty and serve me with your whole heart.  As you wait upon me— as you serve me, I will strengthen, fill and lift you up.  As you humble yourself, I will lift you from a lowly place to a place of honor, to reign with me (2 Timothy 2:12).”

The God of the universe is inviting us to reign with Him!  He invites you and me.  In His passion for the bride, He invites us all. Every. Single. Day.

Father, next time we find ourselves in a time of waiting, may we remember Your invitation and receive it with joy.  Like Jesus, may we don the apron of a servant, bend our knee, bow our head and say, "Father, thank you for this invitation to reign with You.  How may I serve You?”  In Jesus’ Name ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/Prayers-of-a-Ragamuffin-Warrior-171515087035441/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A City On A Hill

Paul’s Handkerchief Prayer

Beauty Among the Ashes